Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A day of Castles

Tonight I am writing to you from Balleyseede castle located just outside of Tralee. I apologize now for any mispelled words as we have just finished an evening in the hotel pub, and while I am feeling great, my typing is not the best. To be fair we are actually staying in a castle tonight. Our pictures will have to wait until Galway as we are on a hotel ccomputer and I do not have the ability to upload pictures at the moment.

Today's Highlights.
Blarney Castle - kissed the blarney stone. It was a warm and beautiful day. The castle was a mix between stepping back in time and all of your childhood fanticies about kings, queens and princesses.

Trip from Blarney to Tralee
Stoppped at a road side pottery makers and got some amazing pieces.
Stopped at a local bar.

Balleyseede Castle
Tonight we are sleeping in an actual castle, and according to the staff it comes complete with a ghost named Hilda. Our room is enormous - by Ireland Stands

Ring of Dingle - no not the ring of kerry, but in many ways so much better. We watched the sun set from the farthest wester point in Ireland. Saw a fort that dated back...... well I don't remember how long it dates back to, but at the moment I am not feeling anything so forgive me. It was some of the most breathtaking scenary that I have ever seen. T was amazing with her camera. We have some 700 photos to take off our combinded 3 cameras.

So after our trip out out to the peninsula. Yes a penninsula on an island. We had a few pints at the bar (T had Jameson) and it is time for a much needed rest.

The driving was better today. No trucks

We should be able to post more when we get to Galway in 2 days.

Love you all and miss you.

No comments: